Public Forum
Credit Reports
Apply For Cards
Credit Directory
Credit Overview
Credit Problems
Credit News
Credit Glossary
Purchase Books
Credit Laws
Business Credit
Merchant Accts

Re: Greenwood Trust Company

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Credit Forum Index ]

Posted by LadynRed ( on November 08, 2002 at 19:02:35:

In Reply to: Greenwood Trust Company posted by Cindo on November 08, 2002 at 15:44:52:

First of all, they cannot legally get a judgment against you without first notifying you of their attempt to collect. The HAVE to notify you by mail within 5 days of their acquiring the account and they MUST give you the opportunity to dispute the debt. To fail to do so is a violation of the FDCPA. Their first communication can NOT be a lawsuit!!

Were you ever served any papers for these judgments ??? If not, then you need to call the court where they were granted and ask for the details of the judgement and the servicing of the summons. If the service was not proper you can have the judgment vacated ! Judgments cannot happen out of thin air, there is a strict legal process they MUST follow. Don't send a validation letter yet, get the info on the judgment as you may have grounds to have it vacated and then you worry about the entry on your credit report.

As for the other CA's with the SOL accounts, yes, send them WhyChat's C&D SOL letter certified, RRR ASAP.

As for validation, why bother if they're past the SOL ?? Just as an fyi, if they can't prove it, then they MUST remove it.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:

[ Follow Ups ]   [ Post Followup ]   [ Credit Forum Index ]


    Top Of Page


Copyright 1999-2002 Enkephalos Web Design