Public Forum
Credit Reports
Apply For Cards
Credit Directory
Credit Overview
Credit Problems
Credit News
Credit Glossary
Purchase Books
Credit Laws
Business Credit
Merchant Accts

Re: Can Anyone give any advise?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Credit Forum Index ]

Posted by J Kelly ( on May 22, 2004 at 17:39:22:

In Reply to: Can Anyone give any advise? posted by BPK on May 22, 2004 at 17:10:24:

Your girlfriend's SSI money is protected. Problem is that it's going to be a hastle to prove that and get it back. I don't think they can take child support either. When was the last time you paid the original creditor on this account? You really do need an attorney for this. http://www.ptla.org/links.htm
You can try legal aid. You might want to call Cohen & Slamowitz and let them know that you are umemployed and the money in that account is expempt from judgement, and they will be hearing from your attorney. Of course, you follow this with a letter, certified/return reciept. Maybe if you just talk to an attorney, you can get some advice on what step to take next. If they cause you a problem with that mortgage check, because I think the bank will not honor it, you may very well be able to sue them and find an attorney who will take the case on contingency.
Seems to me that if your bank account was frozen on the 20th, a deposit made on the 21st should not have been accepted. That's just my opinion though. Hopefully, some of the pros from here will give you some advice that will be helpful.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:

[ Follow Ups ]   [ Post Followup ]   [ Credit Forum Index ]


    Top Of Page


Copyright 1999-2004 Enkephalos Web Design